I completed my dietetic internship through Sodexo's distance program. For more information about Sodexo Internships, please visit www.dieteticintern.com. Below you will find examples of highlights from a few of my rotations.
Sports Nutrition Concentration
- Attended Sports, Cardiovascular and Wellness Nutrition (SCAN) conference in Portland, OR
- Performed VO2 Max, sub-max and sweat-rate testing
- Worked with a wide range of athletes on race-day plans, weight loss plans and nutrition for injury
- Worked with athletes with diabetes, GI issues and eating disorders
- Gave a presentation on Sports Nutrition for the Masters Athlete (download here)
- Gave a presentation on Sports Nutrition to a local high school mountain biking team (download here)
- Worked extensively with diabetic clients
- Gave a presentation to seniors on Diabetes Prevention (download here)
- Created educational materials (click here for one example) and helped facilitate the low-FODMAP diet for a client with IBS.
- Completed 560 clinical hours at St. Anthony North Hospital (Centura) in Westminster, CO.
- Was integral to the hospital’s efforts to achieve Platinum status for the Colorado Healthy Hospitals Compact (CHHC). For more information about CHHC, click here.
- Orchestrated a marketing plan and initiatives to support the hospital’s efforts to be sugar-sweetened beverage free
- Completed 64 hours of staff relief, which included TPN ordering and management, Enteral nutrition orders and a wide range of patient education.
- Delivered a Professional Research Presentation on the low-FODMAP diet (download here)